Finance/Administrative Adviser and Fundraiser International Secretariat, Brussels, Belgium
Part-time position 80 %
The Terre des Hommes International Federation (TDHIF) is a leading child-focused independent non-profit global coalition, composed of nine national member organisations. TDHIF works worldwide for the promotion and implementation of children’s rights through 890 humanitarian and development projects in 68 countries, as well as through global, regional and national advocacy and campaigns, run for and with children.
TDHIF thrives to guarantee that every child has a safe and enjoyable childhood, that every young person feels empowered and that every community we work with is engaged.
TDHIF is supported by an International Secretariat with a team of 6 people located in Brussels and Geneva, with essential advocacy, representation, coordination, and standard setting functions.
As a member of the International Secretariat team, she/he reports directly to the Secretary General. The finance/administrative adviser and fundraiser ensures the running of the finance, administration, logistics, HR and IT of the International Secretariat -with the support of external service providers. She/he is also tasked to identify and seize funding opportunities for specific Federation’s projects and to ensure the follow up with potential donors.
- Lead the financial management of the International Secretariat of TDHIF, under the Secretary General supervision.
- Assist the preparation of the annual International Secretariat’s budget and ensure the budget and accounts’ monitoring.
- Manage the treasury and ensure all payments.
- Manage all organisational and administrative tasks related to the offices in Brussels and Geneva, in collaboration with our external service providers (an accountant, an HR service provider in charge of payroll, several health insurance brokers and IT and other procurement services).
- Develop and support recruitment, other HR processes and HR management tools.
- Engage in fundraising, in collaboration with the International Secretariat team, for joint project proposals for advocacy/campaigns and/or programs and manage small grants.
- Support the administrative and logistic organization of events, visits and travels, as needed.
Key competencies and qualifications
Candidates must embody the key values of TDHIF and be driven by its mission. They should demonstrate the following skills and qualities:
- Comprehensive educational background and working knowledge of concepts, practices and procedures in relation to accounting, financial, administration and HR management and fundraising
- 5 years of professional experience in finance, administration and HR management, with ideally one of them acquired in Belgium and/or Switzerland
- At least 1 year experience in fundraising, generating and successfully managing grants and other donations from a number of sources, especially at EU level
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills
- Fluency in English and French both written and verbal
- Excellent computer literacy, including of accountant software
- Able to work independently, run processes and deliver timely end-results of good quality
- Strong solution-oriented approach
- Ability to multitask and work well under pressure, with deadlines
- Previous work experience in the international development and/or humanitarian aid sector and/or child rights field is an asset
- EU citizenship or a valid working permit for Belgium is required
An exciting opportunity for an individual with a genuine commitment to improve the lives of children across the globe.
Personal development opportunities and good working conditions in a multicultural environment.
The role is defined as a part-time position, at 80%, based in Brussels with flexible working arrangements and working time.
TDHIF is an equal opportunity employer.
Our recruitment procedures reflect our commitment as an organisation towards keeping children safe.
To apply, please send an up-to-date curriculum vitae (including comprehensive details of key achievements and responsibilities) along with a covering letter of application addressing the person specification at jobs@. Thanks to send your application by the 04/02/2024. tdh.de
- Shortlisted candidates will be sent a written test and invited to have video conferencing interviews with the Selection Panel, followed by an in-person interview for finalist candidates.
- The successful candidate will be expected to take up the post Mid-March 2024.
Rue de la Pépinière 10,
1000 Bruxelles, Belgium
Tel +32 493 48 51 55